Metallica + Carharrtt have been working on something special for this Labor Day. All sales from Carharrt.com will be donated to Metallica's All Within My Hands' (AWMH) Metallica Scholars Program This event on Labor Day is a powerful way to quickly fund the All Within My Hands' (AWMH) Metallica Scholars Program. AWMH has provided $1.5 million in scholarships (and matching funds $$ from partners) to various community colleges around the country to encourage people to learn the critical trades that keep this country going. After the first year, the Metallica Scholars Initiative demonstrated extraordinary results including job placement rates exceeding 90%.
This Labor Day, September 6, ALL SALES on Carhartt.com will be donated to the Metallica Scholars Program
In 2021 AWMH expanded their nationwide Scholars program to include 23 community colleges (up from 15 in 2020 and 10 in 2019) and plan to donate $1.6 Million. These scholarships will directly support people interested in learning the trades & filling essential jobs as skilled workers. Since 2019, The Metallica Scholars program has served over 1,000 students at community colleges across the US.
As one of the biggest touring acts of all time, Metallica knows that stage crews and skilled trades-people are the backbone of the live events industry.
40 years ago, Metallica was founded when James Hetfield answered Lars Ulrich's classified ad and ended up with a career that changed his life. This Labor Day, Carhartt and Metallica's All Within My Hands Foundation recreate that 1981 ad to recruit a new generation of passionate job seekers looking to learn the skills that could change their lives.
"To build the workforce of the future, we need to connect more people to the training and education that helps fill essential jobs. With our partnership, we're sending the message that whether you're in high school looking for a first step, or out of work looking for a new start: come join the skilled trades." - Janet Ries, Vice President of Marketing at Carhartt
"Carhartt and All Within My Hands are bound by our shared passion for supporting workforce education. As two organizations dedicated to providing opportunity, we hope to expand the Metallica Scholars program to include even more schools this year, and to get even more students trained for a career in the skilled trades."- Dr. Edward Frank, Executive Director at All Within My Hands Foundation
Established in 1889, Carhartt is a global premium workwear brand with a rich heritage of developing rugged products for workers on and off the job. Headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, with more than 5,800 associates worldwide, Carhartt is family-owned and managed by the descendants of the company's founder, Hamilton Carhartt.
ABOUT THE ALL WITHIN MY HANDS FOUNDATION:
All Within My Hands (AWMH) is a non-profit, philanthropic organization conceived by the members and management of Metallica and dedicated to creating sustainable communities by supporting workforce education, the fight against hunger, and other critical local services. 100% of donations go directly to local organizations that the Foundation supports. AWMH Metallica Scholars is an initiative dedicated to providing kills and services to students of all ages who are looking to enter a traditional trade or other applied learning program.
Schools that have been supported by the Metallica Scholars Program through the AWMH Foundation:
• Alabama, Muscle Shoals — Northwest-Shoals Community College
• Arizona, Tucson — Pima County Community College
• California, Salinas — Hartnell College
• California, Victoriaville — Victor Valley College
• Florida, Orange and Osceola counties — Valencia College
• Florida, Winter Haven (Lakeland Bartow, Lake Wales) — Polk State
• Idaho, Coeur d'Alene — North Idaho College
• Illinois, Grayslake — College of Lake County
• Iowa, Clinton — Clinton Community College
• Kansas, Wichita — WSU Tech
• Kentucky, Elizabethtown — Elizabethtown Community College
• Maryland, Baltimore — Community College of Baltimore County
• Michigan, Grand Rapids — Grand Rapids Community College
• Nebraska, Grand Island --Central Community College
• New York, Westchester — Westchester Community College
• North Carolina, Charlotte — Central Piedmont Community College
• Oregon, Oregon City — Clackamas Community College
• Oregon, The Dalles — Columbia Gorge Community College
• Texas, Houston — Lone Star College
• Virginia, Annandale — Northern Virginia Community College
• Washington, Spokane — Spokane Community College
• West Virginia, Parkersburg — West Virginia University Parkersburg
• Wisconsin, Kenosha — Gateway Technical College
Learn more about AWMH here: https://www.allwithinmyhands.org/welcome.html