By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://theblitz.com/
You know what no one is talking about? The anxiety that comes along with all of this uncharted territory we're rolling into. NONE of us have dealt with this before. And we're figuring it out as we go. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I'm pretty calm, cool and collected. But I'm not going to lie. My stress level over this whole thing is at a 10. That's really weird for me.
We're all making big changes to our lives. And with change comes being uncomfortable. With change comes anxiety. I started thinking about how I'm going to manage all of this change coming my way 24/7 and thought I'd share it.
One of the best things that anyone has ever told me came from a former boss. He told me that "you can't always control what happens - but you CAN control how you react to it."
Things are getting crazy. I get it. As we all set sail into uncharted territory, I'd like to share a few rules I'm going to live by (and maybe you'll want to try too). These are things that I can control:
1. Stick to the facts. Ignore all the media stories that are written as clickbait and/or for ratings. Get my information from the CDC. Trust the experts - not the journalists at the Washington Post, New York Times, CNN, FoxNews, etc.
2. Protect my family at all costs while using this as an opportunity to build a stronger bond. Make sure that this turns into a situation where we all look back and say "wow...we were handed lemons. And this is some damn fine lemonade!"
3. See how well Jim Beam mixes with said lemonade. Wash my hands prior to mixing them.
4. Do not re-watch Season 3 of 24 (if you don't remember or haven't seen it - don't watch it. Wikipedia the synopsis)
5. I play piano and guitar. So what am I going to do more of? Play the piano. Play the guitar. Maybe buy a xylophone and see how I do on that bad boy. Maybe I'll set up in my garage and put on a concert for my neighbors this weekend! As long as they all social-distance themselves by standing at the bottom of my driveway. What's up folks!?!?! Rock on!
This list could go on forever. The point is....I'm going to control what I can control. Let's all focus on that. Deal?
Stay well. Be safe. Wash your hands.